Arkansas Children's Hospital and Down Syndrome OPTIONs bring you therapeutic ideas, educational strategies and research supporting translational medical interventions that can improve the symptoms seen in those with Trisomy 21.
Early bird pricing ends July 15th.
Seize this opportunity to make life-long connections with caregivers, practitioners and researchers!
|Billy Spillman, Artist|
Friday, September 11, 2015
Day 1 supports physicians and other professionals* Continental breakfast and lunch included.
Meet and Greet that evening.
Art Gallery featuring adult artist with T21, Billy Spillman.
Saturday, September 12, 2015
Day 2 gives parents, advocates, and caregivers* more knowledge and better tools to help individuals with Trisomy 21. Continental breakfast and lunch included.
*Both days of the conference will be open for parents and professionals to attend.
Sunday, September 13, 2015
Day 3 Family day!
Join attendees at either Little Rock Zoo or the Donald W. Reynolds Science Center
To get the group rate, email kerrinelson70(a)gmail.com to let us know which one you want to attend and how many adults and children (indicate ages) will come.
Expert Presenters on Must-Hear T21 Topics for Day 1 and Day 2
- Dana Crawford, Ph.D. -- RCAN1 gene NFAT/gene doses
- Jorge A. Busciglio, Ph.D. -- Mitochondrial Dysfunction
- Norman Schwartz, M.D. -- Thinking About Trisomy 21- Towards a Best Practices Approach
- Barbara Strupp, Ph.D. -- Maternal Choline/Neurogenesis/Therapeutic Intervention for Basic Brain-Cognition support
- D. Allan Butterfield, Ph.D. -- Oxidative Stress
- Anat Baniel -- The Therapy of the Anat Baniel Method (SM) NeuroMovementApproach®
- Raphael Kellman, M.D. -- Thyroid/Endocrine Function, Microbiome
- S. Jill James, Ph.D. -- Methylation/Epigenetics
- Richard Frye, M.D., Ph.D. -- Treatment Strategies for Mitochondrial Dysfunction
- Alison Wimmer -- Education using Neurodevelopmental Techniques
- Monica Purdy, MA, CCC-SLP -- Oral Placement Therapy Techniques for Better Speech
- Erica Peirson, N.D. -- Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth
- Morley Robbins, MBA, CHC -- Balancing Minerals in Down Syndrome
- Louisa Silva, M.D., M.P.H. -- Qi Gong Massage Benefits
- Jill Rabin, M.S., CCC-SLP -- The Baby-Led Weaning Approach: An Excellent Option to Assist Babies with Down Syndrome in Transitioning to Solid Foods
- Lydia Winans -- The Life and Times of a Teen with T21
- Kent MacLeod -- TBA
- James Bieneman, D.D.S. -- Palate Expansion in the Down Syndrome Population
- Russell Jaffe, M.D., Ph.D., FACN -- TBA
- A.S.P. van Trotsenburg, M.D., PhD -- Congenital Hypothyroidism
|Lydia Winans, Presenter|
Register now for child care. We will be providing qualified special needs care givers to make sure your little ones are safe and having fun. There will be a 2:1 ratio for kids w/special needs and 4:1 ratio for typical children, which is reflected in the price.
We have rooms blocked off at Residence Inn Little Rock Downtown. Let them know you are with the Down Syndrome Innovations Conference.
View map of Arkansas Children's Hospital.